Parents & Guardians
- Help teens navigate technology with Media Literacy!
- Learn more about your child's brain development in early childhood.
- Preventing adolescent substance use may need to start in early childhood
- Family: Is teen online gambling a problem?
- Here is a gambling activity that all parents should know about.
- Children now see gambling ads as a normal part of sports? Click her to read more about the study!
- Parents should have the conversation with their teen about underage gambling. Watch this PSA to learn more.
- Is your teen involved with YOU(th) Decide? Get more information HERE!
- Social media and other online technology are having numerous effects on the well-being of young people, both positive and negative.
- Looking for ways to keep your teens healthy? Check out the “Did YOU Know?” brochure.
- Hey parents, did you know that underage gambling is related to a number of other risky behaviors. Take a look at the research that Johns Hopkins did to find out more.
- Wondering what problem gambling looks like in teens? Watch our Odds & Ends video on YouTube.
- Our children are growing up in a media-centered world. Is this a good thing? Is it a bad thing? Find out more!
- Here are some great resources for Media Literacy education.
- If you're interested to see how the YOU(th) Decide project works, and its successes, take a look at the 2014-15 YOU(th) Decide NY Outcome and Activity Report.
- “It’s funny. It’s fun. It’s normal. How do lighthearted media portrayals of people who ‘can’t stop’ affect social norms?”
- Looking to find out more about underage gambling? Check out the e-book: The Dangers of Youth Gambling
- Ready to take action in your community to prevent underage gambling? Download our sample event policy!
- To find out how you can help prevent underage gambling in your community read this great research by Carmen Messerlian & Jeffrey Derevensky. “Youth Gambling: A Public Health Perspective”